Examen is hiring! We are expanding and looking to strengthen our team. If you would like to join us, and have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Please see our current available roles below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
JOB TITLE: Laboratory Technician
SALARY: £20,000 – £22,000
JOB PURPOSE: To perform sperm DNA damage assays for infertile couples
- To perform sperm DNA damage tests (Exact assays powered by SpermComet technology) in the laboratory.
- To update patient information and maintain detailed records of tests.
- To assist in Quality Assurance, maintaining documents and quality records necessary to comply with ISO certification.
- To arrange delivery of transporting vessels to clinics and collection of clients’ samples from clinics, liaising with laboratory staff in clinics to inform them about shipment arrangements, updating clinics about progress of the shipment and notifying them about date of sample receipt by the company.
- To liaise with courier to arrange shipments to and from clinics, tracking missed/delayed collection/deliveries, informing the courier Customer Service about problems with shipment.
- To work in accordance with Health and Safety standards within the laboratory.
Such other duties as are required to work as part of a dynamic and interactive business team.
Candidates should have a background in standard laboratory and molecular biological techniques. Performance related bonuses will be negotiated.
The Business may decide to interview only those applicants who appear, from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post.
Post Title: Laboratory technician
Education and Qualifications
- BSc (or equivalent) in molecular biology, biochemistry or closely related area
Experience in practical use of standard and molecular biological techniques such as:
- Gel electrophoresis
- Cell counting
- Dilution and pH optimisation of buffer solutions
Research and Development Activities
- Demonstrates logical reasoning ability
- Competence in using spreadsheets and medical statistics
- Demonstrable intellectual ability
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Careful, tidy worker
- Good organisational and time management skills
Special Factors and Other Requirements
- Willing to work irregular hours when necessary
To apply please email email@example.com a current CV with covering letter stating why you are suited to this job and include two referees
Job Start Date: Monday 1st February 2020
Skills: Lab Technician, Molecular Biology, Laboratory Technician